UGANDA ADVANCED LEVEL
A'LEVEL TEACHING SYLLABUS
Unit 1: Fundamentals
Unit 2: Dynamics
Unit 3: Properties
Unit 4: Dynamics
Unit 5: Geometric
Unit 6: Waves
Unit 7: Thermal
Properties of Matter
Unit 8: Electrostatics,
Electric Current and Electronic Devices
Unit 9: Electromagnetism
Topics And Assessment Objectives:
1.1 Physical Quantities and their
Units ( 9 Periods)
of fundamental quantities
units of ; mass (kg) , length(m), time (s), current
(A), temperature(k), amount of substance (mol)
of derived quantities
of dimensions to check equations
- addition and subtraction of vectors
by the component method
- resolution of vectors in two perpendicular
- components of a vector
By the end of the topic, the student should be able
- State the basic physical quantities and state
their SI units.
- Measure and read basic and derived physical
quantities using linear and circular scales.
- Work out the dimensions of the derived physical
- Use Dimensions to check equations.
- Define scalars and vectors.
- Distinguish between scalars and vectors.
- Solve problems involving vectors by the component