132. The following are some very important things that you should know to keep you and your family healthy.
133. A certain kind of mosquito and some kinds of freshwater snails carry diseases that can make you very sick.
Mosquitos and snails
134. If the plants or weeds in your ponds or on the banks of your ponds become too thick, snails and mosquitoes can live and grow very easily.
135. So, from time to time, clean out the plants in your ponds and cut the weeds and grass on the banks. The weeds and grass on the banks should not hang into the water of any of your ponds.
Clean the plants
136. Never use one of your ponds as a toilet, or you and your family may become sick.
Dont use the ponds as toilet
137. If you have a latrine, use it. However, a latrine should be at least 10 metres away from any of your ponds and from your water supply.
The latrine should be away
138. If you have to relieve yourself while you are working near your ponds, near the stream that supplies your water or near your supply or inlet ditches, first walk at least 10 metres away.
Relieve yourself 10 metres away of pond
139. Never relieve yourself on or near your compost pile. Use your latrine, or relieve yourself at least 10 metres away.
Relieve yourself 10 metres away of Compost pile
140. If you are careful about all of these things, it will help to keep you and your family from getting sick.