KNOW ABOUT TADERO
Lake Tanganyika Development and relief organisation (TADERO) is a registered non-governmental organisation, working in Lake Tanganyika area. It is a non political nor profitable organisation, whose aim is to deal with social and economical development to the marginalized community. Its head office is in Kigoma town, Tanzania, East Africa. Present we are located along Kilungwe road plot no. 287
TADERO, believes that Kigoma community will be free of absolutely poverty, Drug abuse and Excessive drinking.
TADERO, shall achieve its vision statement, through improved socio-economical status, and fighting against substance use, that contribute to poverty and spread of HIV/AIDS in the Lake Tanganyika area.
· Poverty alleviation through supporting community realise problems.
· Support community in forming the workforce that can solve problems they face.
· Working together with community members in realising and improving essential areas of life that need special attention, ie. Schools, health centres, food , environment and so on.
· Support and promote the marginalized people in the community, helping them enable to establish small scale projects. Nevertheless conduct counselling to enable them abandon from low self-esteem.
· Increasing the awareness that drug abuse excessive drinking contributes to absolutely poverty and accelerate the spread of the HIV/AIDS contamination.
· Collaborate with government and other organisation in fighting against drug abuse and excessive drinking.
· Educating democracy, and human rights, and peace education to the community and refugees around Lake Tanganyika area.
· To support the community improve environment in and out of Lake Tanganyika area.
COLLABOARATION AND THE CAPACITY OF THE ORGANISATION
Since established TADERO has been working together with other NGO's, in intervening problems related to poverty alleviation. In March 2002, the organization signed a memorandum of understanding with CONCERN-WIDE WORLD. The understanding based on the organisational capacity building. in connection with this program, the success was achieved in staff strengthening, such as recruiting a programme coordinator, women development officer, accountant and the office supervise.
TADERO, is also a founder member of Kigoma-Kasulu NGO’s network (KIKANGONET) that combines several NGO’s working in Kigoma and those working in Kasulu district.
Recently, TADERO succeeded to mobilize NGO’s and community based organization, to form a new ant-drug abuse network. This idea has proved success, and more than fifteen non-government organisation turned for a membership, and naming the new network as Kigoma Drug abuse campaign network.
Thus having analysed the effects of drug abuse and alcoholism along Lake Tanganyika area, TADERO asked combating support, from other experienced international organisations.
In 2002, the IOGT-NTO Sweden conducted training to TADERO members to enable them understand the effect of drug abuse and excessive drinking to development.
The training was much successful and stabilized the organisation, in its war against anti drug. This effort resulted into identification of new type of plant, typical local name (Chamkwale), that carries characteristic of drug/substance. The proved results about its consequences, still in hands of the Chief national chemistry and the inter-ministerial Anti – Drug commission (IADC), Tanzania.
Since then, TADERO has been co-operating with (IADC) Tanzania, through SADC fund together with the IOGT-NTO to arrange and conduct anti-drug campaign along lake Tanganyika area.
Following the long collaboration in anti drug program IOGT- NTO Sweden and TADERO, signed a memorandum of understanding in April 2004. We hope that through this co-operation, TADERO will achieve its objective under this program.
OUR MAJOR ACTIVITIES
TADERO, has major activities that underline in its working plan for short and long term periods, However the organisation, also stands on emergency intervention during occurrence of calamity.
The following are the major activities implemented by TADERO and funded by CONCERN-WIDE WORLD, IOGT-NTO Sweden, WFP, SADC, TACAIDS and VRAAG – INTERNATIONAL.
· Supporting local communities to build secondary schools, in areas where secondary schools is not available.
· Environment conservation along Lake Tanganyika area.
· Supporting marginalized groups (ie. Women, youths) to establish small scale projects as a means of alleviating poverty.
· Supporting community realise problems, through training, seminars, workshops and PRA
· To conduct survey on how drug abuse and excessive drinking contribute to poverty and spread of HIV/AIDS.
· To conduct train of trainees (TOT) for NGO managers, and Governmental institution in Kigoma region.
· To continue mobilizing anti drug institutions to establish drug abuse networks up to regions level.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT,
MR. NICHOLAS M. ZACHARIAH
EXCUTIVE DIRECTOR (TADERO) KILUNGWE ROAD,
P.O. BOX 1136 KIGOMA TANZANIA,
TEL. +255 744765421
CV/Resume for Head of NGO - Profile 2008 - Constitution of Tadero - Financial Report 2007/2008 - excel spreadsheet